Do you want to work with a member-led, grassroots union which is at the forefront of helping some of the lowest paid, oppressed and unrepresented groups of predominantly migrant workers organise themselves and fight for living wages, dignity and respect?
We’re looking for a caseworker and organiser (one role) to advise, represent, organsie and inspire our growing membership to take action.
- a good level of knowledge of UK employment law, experience in employment law case-work, and representng workers in grievance/disciplinary hearings.
- due to the large number of non-English speaking Latin American members we need someone who can confidently translate between English and Spanish.
- a burning desire to help our members get organised and get the bosses of their backs!
- experience in organising workers / organising campaigns.
- knowledge of employment tribunal system.
More details will be given when we meet.
We're initially asking someone to join us for 3 or 4 days a week for a three month period, with the possibility of an increase in the number of working days per week and also an extension beyond the initial period of three months.
We'll pay £10 an hour.
If you think you're up for the job please write to email@example.com and include any information you think it would be good for us to know about. No CVs please.