No. of seats
Each position is elected by the members in that sector.
Sectors with only 1 seat can have 2 people sharing the position on rotation.
Design and cultural workers sector
Other charity workers
Voces Hispanas Unidas
(Advisory roles – non-voting)
Dedicated trade union official, directly elected by and accountable to the membership.
– ensuring that the decisions of the membership are implemented by working with the committee and staff of the union;
– reporting to the committee on the activities and performance of the union;
– provides the committee with advice and recommendations.
(Full job description to be circulated by the committee before nominations open)
Staff to nominate 2 staff members to sit on the committee and attend meetings, to provide advice and expertise on campaigns, membership and the operations of the union.
Other staff to report to and advise the committee as requested
Elected committee members will nominate members of the committee to hold specific roles, including but not limited to the following:
Roles can be shared, where appropriate.
Elections will be conducted within 12 weeks of the AGM.
Elections will be overseen by the existing committee.
For the sector positions, each sector will carry out its own elections, in consultation with the executive committee.
Elections for the general secretary position will follow the relevant statutory procedures.
13. RESOLVES to task the committee to oversee a democracy review, to look at UVW’s structures and processes, including how to:
a. Ensure structures and processes meet the needs of UVW’s diverse membership and ensure continuity;
b. Clarify the sectoral structures and the division of responsibility between central UVW and the sectors;
c. Balance integration and sectoral self-determination;
d. Ensure representation of members that don’t have a formal sector;
e. Empower and support diverse leadership at all levels of the union;
f. Continually monitor democracy within UVW;
14. PLEDGES to present the recommendations of the democracy review at the next AGM, for members to consider and vote on.