Support the GOSH security guards: Draft motion for branches/CLPs
This branch/CLP notes:
- National Health Service (NHS) security guards at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) do not have the same terms and conditions as other NHS staff.
- The security guards at GOSH are nearly all Black or brown migrants who are being denied the same terms & conditions as their NHS colleagues.
- These workers are the only workers on site at GOSH who are being denied full pay sick pay during the global coronavirus pandemic.
- The security guards at GOSH are outsourced through Carlisle Support Services, a private contractor owned by the Conservative Party donor Lord Ashcroft.
- Our NHS is a public service paid for from taxes and should not be used to funnel profits into the pockets of wealthy Conservative Party donors.
- A two-tier system of terms and conditions within the NHS, where mostly Black or brown migrants are given worse terms and conditions, is an example of structural racism.
- We fight racism with solidarity.
- To issue a public expression of solidarity with the security guards at GOSH.
- To donate £500 to the GOSH security guards strike fund.
- Advertise all actions supporting these workers to members of the branch/CLP.