31.03.2021 / News /
UVW is hiring: 1 X Bilingual (English – Spanish) Caseworker – Organiser
We are pleased to announce a vacancy for a Bilingual Caseworker 5 days a week.
This role will involve casework, training and membership engagement, specifically:
- Advising, supporting members on how to best resolve their grievances or resist disciplinary proceedings against them, and representing them in workplace hearings.
- Supporting members through the ACAS Early Conciliation process for employment tribunal claims and negotiating settlements where possible.
- Deliver employment law and representation training to members.
- Co-ordinating with our communications team to promote member’s stories
- Identify organising opportunities and co-ordinate with the organising team.
- Engage members in the union’s activities.
- Personal interest in workers’ rights, trade unions and social justice.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Strong computer and research skills.
- Strong case management skills.
- Strong knowledge of employment law.
- Strategic and creative thinking in how to handle cases.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter (no more than 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th April 2021.
Please specify in the subject and body of the e-mail if you are applying for the Bilingual Caseworker role.
**Start date 3rd May 2021**
You pay will be at the UVW flat rate of £11.85 per hour. Other terms and condition include full pay sick pay, full pay maternity and paternity pay, and 6 weeks annual leave.